Thor: Ragnarok Review

Thor%3A+Ragnarok+is+at+over+%24440+million+with+only+a+few+days+in+the+box+office.+It+is+also+the+best+rated+Marvel+film+of+all+time.+
Thor: Ragnarok is at over $440 million with only a few days in the box office. It is also the best rated Marvel film of all time.

Ladinog on Wikkipedia Commons

Ladinog on Wikkipedia Commons

Sarah Y., Editor-in-Chief

Thor: Ragnarok is currently the second highest rated Marvel film of all time next to the first Iron Man movie, according to Rotten Tomatoes. It opened at over $120 million, ranking it at number seven for largest opening for a film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

In this film, Thor and Loki find out they have a long-lost sister named Hela, the Goddess of Death. Hela is on a direct path to take the throne of Asgard, taking down whoever is in her way. The brothers try to stop their sister from destroying all of Asgard.

The film is one of the best Marvel films I have ever been to. It is exciting, yet funny and captivating. Thor has always been a hilarious character to watch on the movie screen, but in this film in particular, he is even more enjoyable.

In this film, both Chris Hemsworth, the actor who plays Thor, and Tom Hiddleston, the actor that plays Loki, bring new light to their respected characters. The actors take each of their characters to a new place. Previously, Thor was a gullible, naive god. In this film, the God of Thunder is shown to have had lots of character development since the last time we saw him on the big screen, not as just some “ditsy blonde”.

In the past Thor movies and the first Avengers movie, Loki is nothing but a manipulative, vindictive monster who only cares about himself. In Thor: Ragnarok, Loki is still the trickster that everyone knows him to be, but since the last time we saw the God of Mischief, he has started to show a heart in this new film.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe has taken a turn from mainly action-packed films to action films doused with comedy. This new direction for Marvel Studios has brought more viewing pleasure to the audience. Everyone likes a film full of captivating action and suspense, but mix in a whole lot of comedy, and you have a fantastic movie.