Arrow swimmers defeat Cloverleaf and Willard in season opener

Nick D., Staff Writer

Winning their first meet, the AHS swim team had a strong start to their season. The Arrows beat Cloverleaf and Willard in their season opener. The boys team defeated Cloverleaf 74 to 23 and Willard 69 to 29. The girls also defeated Cloverleaf with a score of 55 to 41 and Willard 61 to 36.

One of the boy’s swimmers, Tayler W. (11) did very well at this meet. Tayler said, “My goals for this season are to be faster and to improve.” Tayler plans to achieve these goals by working harder in practice and pushing himself.

The swim team is moving to Division One which could be challenging for the team this season. By doing the required exercises, working hard in practice and pushing themselves, the team should be able to overcome these challenges.

Krissy Geren, the swim coach, said their goals are “lifetime best swims for all athletes, win two male relays and four individual events at OCC.” They want to qualify more [for] districts this season than last season. Also the swim team hopes to break a few school records. According to Geren in order to reach these goals, they have to work hard and improve the lifting program. She needs dedication and positive attitudes from everyone.

“They are still low in numbers, especially on the girls side. To overcome this challenge, they need to continue to work with the YMCA program and support the middle school program, ” said Geren.

Nick D., Staff Reporter

As a senior at Ashland high school, Nick D. has been involved with Panorama for two years now. He has always enjoyed writing and is also involved with...