Boys Golf Team Recap

Image from time-gazette.com

Ashland’s Tyler S.(11) hits off the tee at the OCC Championship

Kyle R., Staff Reporter

Ashland High School’s boys varsity golf team will go down in the history books as OCC champions and state qualifiers for the second straight year. The Arrows took down all of their OCC competitors to win the OCC Championship. The Arrows then went on to qualify for state, where they finished 8th.

“I feel like I performed pretty well this season… I felt like my game was super consistent to the point that I felt confident going into every event that we played in,” said Arrows No. 1 man Tyler S.(11). This year, he averaged a score of 71.6 for the year, earning him the title of OCC Player of the Year, Northwest District Player of the Year and making 2nd Team All-State.

However, Tyler S. was not alone in this season for the Arrows. Ashland’s No. 2 man Kamden M.(10) was also a contributor for the team, earning him 1st Team OCC. Kamden M. ended the season averaging a score of 78.3. 

Ashland’s senior duo of Aiden B.(12) and Ryan F.(12) were also impactful golfers. “We’re gonna lose a couple of seniors which we’re gonna really miss,” said Arrows head coach Dan Priest. Aiden B. was the No. 3 man while averaging a score of 81.8, while Ryan F. was the No. 5 man while averaging a score of 82.8.

The Ashland High School’s boys golf team for this season will be known as one of the better golf teams to go through the program. This team won the OCC for the second straight year after going undefeated in league play. Also, the Arrows went to the state tournament, where they ranked as the 8th best team in Ohio.